What Are Hormonal Imbalances?
Hormonal imbalances are either having too little or too much hormones in our bloodstream. Our hormones are the chemical messengers that carry out all the processes in our body. Even small imbalances in our body create serious side effects such as weight gain, fatigue, brain fog just to name a few.
Signs & Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalances in Men
Signs and symptoms may manifest differently in everyone but some of the common symptoms include:
- Excessive sweating
- Difficulty sleeping and headaches
- Irritability, anxiety, depression
- Unexplained, prolonged fatigue
- Increased thirst and frequent urination
Causes of Hormonal Imbalances in Men
One of the main causes of hormonal imbalance is stress. Our body manages stress in the short term but prolonged exposure to stress will have a major impact on hormones and our organ systems.
The other causes of hormonal imbalances include:
- Type 1 or 2 diabetes
- Poor diet and nutrition
- Being overweight or obese
Treatments for Hormonal Imbalances in Men
We can do a few things naturally to get our hormones functioning properly:
- Detox our body and remove inflammatory foods. This allows our organs to heal so they can return to functioning normally and producing hormones at the proper level.
- Remove sugars and refined carbs. These are direct causes of diabetes and obesity.
- Get adequate sleep. Adults need 7-9 hours of sleep. This is the time our major hormones like human growth hormone release. The time that our body builds and repairs itself.
- Bioidentical hormone replacement. This is a process of giving your body the hormones it needs in a bio-identical form that doesn’t disrupt any of your other hormones. This allows you to OPTIMIZE your hormones rather than just balance them. That is the difference between feeling your age and feeling years younger.
With optimal hormones we can avoid age-related health issues including:
- Decreased bone density
- Poor heart health
- Diminished cognition and memory
- Reduced energy & sex drive
Questions about bioidentical hormone replacement or other treatments? Schedule a consultation with Rejuvenate Medical Group today to learn more about our servies including hormone replacement therapy in San Diego.